Personal Insurance

Homeowners & Condoowners

Homeowners’ policies can vary tremendously. Most insureds have an “HO-3” policy but many insurers have deluxe homeowners’ options that offer features of interest to most insureds. Be sure to ask us about these differences. Condominiums have the additional exposure of the improvements including build-out of the unit from the wall studs, which are not considered part of the condominium structure. Additionally, common loss assessments made by the condo association for the unit owners can be covered by this policy.

Please consider discussing other options with us:

  • Personal injury (libel, slander); most HO-3 policies don’t include this important coverage
  • Workers compensation for domestic workers—for example nannies or housekeepers. This coverage is required in Minnesota if the employee earns in excess of $1,000 in a three month period
  • Home-based business may be able to be included under your homeowners liability and can save money over a commercial liability policy
  • Identity theft expense coverage
  • Flood insurance

Flood Insurance: What is covers and What is doesn't

Download Flood Insurance: What is covers and What is doesn't.

Download a Home Maintenance Checklist.